Honors and Recognitions
St. Catharine Academy has earned the College Board AP® Computer Science Female Diversity Award for achieving high female representation in AP Computer Science Principles. Schools honored with the AP Computer Science Female Diversity Award have expanded girls’ access in AP computer science courses.
With a strong STEM program, SCA was honored with National Beta Award "School of Distinction." 2020-2021 and 2021-2022. National Beta School of Distinction Award is an honor for Beta clubs striving towards academic achievement, exemplary character, demonstrated leadership and service to others.
In 2021, the Robotics team qualified and competed at "Worlds" for the World Championship Drone Virtual Robotics Competition ranking 25th internationally. In addition, the Robotics team won the "Design Award" again in 2021 as well as School of Distinction. This year 2022 the Robotics team competed live and won "Sportsmanship Award," and "Judges Award" (2x) including the NY State Vex Competition.
In 2022, the Drone Team ranked 5th internationally at "Worlds" for the World Championship after the March 2022 Drone Virtual Robotics Competition.
- SCA Cheer teams: have gone to Nationals for 18 years. In 2015 and 2018, the Junior Varsity took home Gold medals. In 2016 and 2018, the Varsity took home Bronze medals. SCA has had a team in finals for over twelve years.
- SCA Varsity Basketball team: won the Catholic High School Athletic Association Tier 3 (B level) Tournament in early March to become the 2022 Archdiocese of New York and New York City Champions.
- SCA Varsity Volleyball team: Division Champions 2021
- SCA Dance team: Took first place at the Pascack Valley Regional Dance Team Competition (PVRDT) Annual Competition.
- SCA Softball team: 2019 Archdiocesan Champions